Thursday, December 2, 2010

forman band

















My parents have absolutely no sense of timing: I'm 25 years too late for Woodstock.  I know, it contradicts the punk ideology (which is utter bullshit) blah blah blah.  But I miss a time when peace was considered to be badass and rung to the sound of the soul and well.....vitamins.  I am a girl who says yes to boys who say no.  I think that some of the artists at the time (picture here Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Joan Baez, Roger Daltrey) were the best of the best and remain undefeated to this day.  Not to mention the fact that they had really good taste.  (Fringe, fur,tie dye suede, and nudity anyone?)  And just to flatter myself, I think I look a bit like the lovely Grace Slick, hence the blurry pics which unfortunately didn't show that very well.  I also showed my now only 10 pound cat, Fatso the feline, to remind her that she is very lucky to be with me and not on Janis Joplin's head.  (Btw, I know that not all these pictures are from Woodstock, but everyone shown here except for me and Fatso were present.)

1 comment:

  1. I know every time someone mentions woodstock i nearly cry for not having been there! i also often wish i lived in the 80s instead of being born at the end of them!

    your cat is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete